My kids love to help make this play-dough. This play-dough doesn't necessarily taste good, but it won't hurt them if they try and eat it, either. I love this recipe because it tends to be a little softer than regular store play-dough. I love to put cookie cutters in the play-dough toys, and the softer dough makes it easier for little hands to punch the shapes out. They love to pretend to be little bakers.

Note: Look for a tasty play-dough recipe, in a future blog, that I got from my wonderful mother-in-law. Kids can actually eat this one as a snack as they play!


Quick Play-Dough

1 c. flour
1 c. water
1/2 c. salt
1 TBSP cream of tartar (makes the dough stick together really well)
1 TBSP cooking oil
food coloring

Mix dry ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Add oil, water, and food coloring. Cook over MEDIUM heat, stirring constantly, until it pulls away from the sides. Let cool. Store in a Ziploc baggie in a cool place.